Saturday, April 2, 2011

welcome to my heart

clouded by emotion, my heart struggles to make sense,
not only of the events that concerns him, but also to account for the welfare of loved ones.
And with that, with every decision he makes, he ties a rope around himself and plunges into a lake of sorrow, his little head never to come up even a single time for air.
For some decisions are logical ones, prompted by harsh and cold facts.
Others lie beyond the realm of practicality. It takes sheer will to be able to make these decisions and forgo rationale and a working mind.
My little heart struggles to breathe as unforseen events suffocate him and as the coldness and the very brutal nature of people get under his skin.
He feels rubbed raw by the very essence of love and a bit robbed by the same.

Love not only in the short term practical sense, but in the fuller truer sense of the word. Cause he's seen a lot of 'love' and he's been let down more than a couple of times.

Maybe it is time to settle down, Opt for that style of life again.
Find someone that connects at a mental plane for the emotional one to connect.
A daunting task nevertheless, is something that be increasingly identified as a need more than a want.


I know I've said I only belong to myself, but what do you do when yourself rejects you?

No comments:

Post a Comment