Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Edge of reason..

This is the first real day I’ve had, a day of contemplation to myself.
Of my thoughts collected, I’ve run into a few questions that I’ve vainly attempted to answer armed with my half understanding of how things work.

My questions are as follows.

1. Is our universe scientific or spiritual?
2. How do we exist and what forms the purpose of our existence?
3. Is our universe continuous? If so, are we immortal souls that only move from body to body until perfection is achieved? And when it is, what then?
4. How did religions come into existence, what is the common point between the eastern and western religions?
5. What are the flaws if any with each major religion and its texts, how is even the righteous word contorted by the masses following it.
6. What is Karma, how does it apply to modern life, what are its similarities to its western counterpart (fate/destiny)
7. What constitutes Maya (worldly illusions) and how do we go about dispelling Maya?
8. Are emotions real?
9. Are we loved, even by our parents? Is unconditional love even possible?
10. What is our inherent weakness to hold onto (drama) when we fully realize that peace lies beyond? Do we honestly attempt a simple life even for once?
11. How has evolution played a part in the psychology of a modern individual?
12. How does one come into complete harmony with oneself, is it a rejection of all external events/objects or an acceptance of all? Is it a negation of the self of an acceptance of the self?
13. My view of a perfect society with the abolishment of a few societal ‘diseases’
14.

The last question is blank for the very reason that the list of questions is yet unfinished. I shall try to elaborate my understanding of each of these questions and in the eventually of my understanding being incomplete, I shall try in all honesty to avail of the literature that corresponds to a question before attempting to answer it. The questions shall not be answering in the corresponding order of their appearance, but rather, the question that plagues my mind the most, will be answered first.




No comments:

Post a Comment