Friday, October 21, 2011

The messenger client dilemma.

I've never really seen the point of messengers.
So far, I've been on rediffbol, yahoo, msn, gtalk, facebook, whatsapp, BBM and in a way, twitter. And offline msgs through mail services, Hi5, orkut, googleplus, googlewave and so on.

Of late, I've been finding it extremely tough to have to explain exactly WHY I don't intend for people to be my "friends" in these messengers. These are people who I'd never ever converse with, more to do with the fact of not have whatsoever common ground upon which we can base a discussion.
In fact, in my experience, people seem to get highly offended on a personal level if you do not reciprocate their feelings of messenger love. They take it highly personally that you do not wish to include them in your "special" list of friends on your messenger.
You can have them online at four other messengers, but the one that you wish to maintain a bit of sanctity in, they see it their sole purpose to defile. Which is why for the longest time I went off BBM (blackberry messenger). And when i did return, i selectively added all of the 6-7 people I actually do correspond even once a week with. But well, doesn't take long for the trojan horse to come knocking at your door with a few innocent questions and before you realize it, you find yourself with your phone in hand staring at 10 friend requests from people you don't normally spend time with, don't converse with and wouldn't even realize if they'd been hit by a bus the week before..
Is it because they enjoy breaking your resolve? or are they just "add-addicts", adding everything and everyone in sight. We'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment