Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Judging a book by its cover


I used to be an allowing person, a person never to pass snap judgment on the inherent hidden sides people possessed. I understood that people constituted of complex layers of personalities that festooned the core person, all adding character and making the product a unique, indescribable product, something that is unpredictable under any circumstance and not replicable.

Lately, or for the past year or three, I've resorted to using educated generalizations to bucket people into patterns of behavior. I've found that if you have enough points to plot on a map, each which deals with a very specific behavioral pattern, predicting the arch of future actions isn't something that seemed as hugely impossible as earlier held as a belief.

I no longer care for the little things, I no longer care for what makes you, you.
Frankly, I don't need to know what makes anyone themselves, people get less fascinating the more you get to know them. I've seldom been right about the observational based predictions, especially when told to the person themselves, but am redeemed by the future on more occasions than not.

Ten aspects, seemingly random ones could tell you mostly everything you need to know about a person and/or how to deal with them, no one is a deep as they claim to be, including me. We're all as complex as a rock. A rock with no secret minerals to mine, no fossils buried within. Just rock.

We all have the same problems, the same insecurities, the same strengths, or so many of us do, that we can all be lumped in a basket and treated together. The very thought of which disgusts us.
Why?
Because we've been raised to believe we're special.
Therefore our problems are special and unique.

I'm afraid i have news for you.
and it is bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment