Saturday, January 29, 2011

Background tracks and emotions

I always wished life had a soundtrack..
A track that always complimented the situation and my mood, drowning out the moment and engulfing my soul in a torrent of emotion.
Sadly, there's was no background score to my heart breaking.
No tune, no song playing whilst I sat all those times tearful by myself.
The world didn't slow down in a moment that allowed me to appreciate my state more than I already did.

The only thing you feel when your heart breaks, is your heart breaking.
Shattering into little bits of yourself, flying into every direction taking down everything in their way.

heartbreak *sigh..

If you do ever get over it, you promise yourself that you owe it too much to yourself to ever let you feel that way again.
And yet,
here you are, pieces of heart on the floor, tears streaming down your face and your makeup smudged.

Let me hug you. Let me comfort you. Let me take you in..
I can't heal your broken heart. I can't even begin to understand how you feel.

But I can make the world go away with a simple hug.
So come closer.. leave your worries at the door..
Bury your head in my chest..
Drift off in a state of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment