Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Friends with benefits

I feel I have a certain obligation to explain my very misleading title.
Friends with benefits, in my community is to be a persons friend, but along with just that person, you inherit their friends, their parents, their pets, their social circles, their likes, dislikes and probably even their barber.

Sounds familiar?
you look confused, "where's the benefit?" I hear you ask..
I didn't mean to your benefit, now did I?

Complete benefit to them! the friend in question!

Why can't i just be friends with a person for what that person is! I don't want to have to check up on your mom OR keep in touch with her! neither do i want to hang out with your friends, nor do i EVER feel the need to say nice things about your pet!

I've decided to maintain this relationship purely because i might like you as a person. Well 'might' is a strong word you will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment