Monday, July 18, 2011

Slaves in the rain..

What the hell is wrong with today! Why can’t it just behave! Rain pouring down like it is just a precursor to the raptor. Heavy water logging everywhere, coupled with crazy winds dragging in rain all around the place make this the perfect day to sit right at home, all comfortable with a cup of hot chocolate and possibly a book, or hey, my personal best, sleep till it is lunch time. Covered with soft pillow-like mattresses with the cool monsoon climate for company.
Alas..For I HAVE a job..
Grudgingly I begin my mammoth task of working against my better judgment, something you’re taught to do since preschool to accept authority of others, in this case, my boss. After the necessary morning formalities, which I’m beginning to suspect are just social conditions of how I must life my life (Do you really care if I don’t bathe in the morning so long as I still smell civil?) I take one last peek out to gauge the situation. It is still pouring with the fury of a Greek God in anger. I resign myself to the battle ahead and grab the nearest umbrella.
Once out of my building, I almost instantly find muck to place my foot in, not on purpose really, honestly.. When I tell you my next two steps were also in muck, I’m probably not lying too. “What kind of company” I ask myself “makes their valuable employees wade thru muck and weather storms just to get to the damn place!” I manage to make it to the taxi stand and the lack of cabs becomes very apparent. So I wait. And wait.
“This is sick, people are sadistic”.
“Just because they have fancy high cars, they’ll never know what the common man like me has to go through!”
“They consider themselves our masters! How conceited! I’m just an employee! I can quit at anytime! But yet, they feel like they own me! Ohh the bastards!”
“It is time” “it is time to steal the power away from these task masters!” “Time to revolt my underprivileged brethren! Wake up and see the plight of your brothers!” “Time to kick these pompous bastards where it hurts” “let us strike and show them, they’re not the boss of us!” “No one orders us around by God!”
“Wait, what?” “I can’t hear you speak up!” “Yes sir boss man! We’re going to go on.. err what?” “I get paid how much?” “Ok I’ll be good”



“sigh”

No comments:

Post a Comment