Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Choices?

This post is just to give words to my current situation in a way that describes it entirely.

In the very near future, I'm going to be rich. Short term rich.
What do i plan to do with these puts in a pickle.

There's a place called ladakh. North India. Want to know what heaven on earth looks like? Google images might attempt to do it justice and fail miserably.
Along with visiting this place, I can afford a wide lens. A Tokina 11-16, 2.8
Lovely aperture, sharp as a woman's tongue, wide as wide can get.
These are the things i can possible afford this time.
So far so good?

As a photographer, I lean towards only wildlife. As current not having lenses to click the same, is tantamount to constant frustration. I have a very soft 70-200, 2.8. But that's about it..
With this money, I have a set of choices.
I can visit heaven on earth, armed with a wide lens and capture beautiful HDR landscapes and the people there, while spending the next whole year living with the frustration that I can't yet click wildlife,
OR
I can buy the wide AND the 18-300 Nikon 3.5 with which, I can do everything from nature, to macro to portraits, thus catapulting me a year ahead of where I would be as a photographer had I gone to Leh, but without the experience of Heaven.

Decisions, decisions..

No comments:

Post a Comment