Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Help!

People are undecided about what exactly they want in their life.
Could not be a more statement more underrated in the history of mankind, especially when it comes to the topic of help. Everyone thinks they want/need help from others. It is now regarded as a part of life with sentences like “man: a social animal” becoming the norm.
Man DOES need help. Not however with the frivolities life has to offer.
People think they need help with all kinds of rubbish choices and actually waste time and effort condemning people who don’t offer them advice on these rubbish decisions.
What dress to buy? What color suits me? How DO I lose weight? How do I become fairer?
Which sunglasses look good on me? How should I wear my hair? Does this necklace suit me?
What should I eat today? How should I travel? Where do I go on a vacation?

Rubbish choices that aren’t really choices. Choices that in-fact, even a small analysis of the practical features of each choice, would itself make the choice for you! But the real decisions in life are embedded deeper inside our personalities.

Why can’t I be a better person? What stops me from attaining my goals and dreams?
Why can’t I be the parent I want to be? Why am I not the person my parents ever wanted me to be?
Should I give in to societal pressures and get married? Should I get divorced?
These are choices that we leave to ourselves, the same selves that are incapable of deciding between two skirts or trousers! How absolutely egoistical of us to think our problems are too big to share, even with the people we ‘trust’. (Lets ignore the reason trust is in quotes)

I can help with your decisions of hairstyle, clothes, computers, cameras, phones, accessories, boyfriends and even of food, wine, beverages, but decisions that in some way impact your life are at a whole different level. While I admit, most of us aren’t equipped to dish out advice and that is reason enough to keep problems and decisions within.

What irks me however is that most people keep decisions to themselves for completely rubbish reasons.
People are so afraid that the person they spill their problems out to, will point out how simple they’re choice really is. Because at the end of the day, every choice is indeed an analysis of all practical factors involved. People are constantly afraid that their ‘earth-shattering’ decision will actually be broken down with what it really is. A conformists struggle to change due to various factors like low self-esteem, years of conditioning and insecurity. So they dish out their worries frugally hoping that person will never catch on to the main issue at hand.

They think they’re suffering in silent misery for the sheer romantic quality of it as depicted by Hollywood. Well, there’s no soundtrack in really life! There’s no prince charming coming at the end to end your problems with one grand sweeping gesture and there definitely isn’t a ‘happy ending’.
All you can look forward to are more problems. Tougher problems that make your current ones look as innocent as a newborn.

So I hope your reasons for holding your problems in are valid. Because of the total population, only about .0001% of us are actually equipped with enough mental space to deal with our problems. The rest of you can immerse yourself in your problems, or share it with the above percentage specified to get a good clean practical answer. You may not like it, you may even be in a state of denial. But then hey, whoever said medicine tasted good?

No comments:

Post a Comment