Monday, November 15, 2010

The Urge To please

We do live to please..
So i guess the ultimate question in life comes down to this.
Do we please ourselves or other people?
We usually settle for a fair mix of both to avoid being extremists, but our core personality can only incorporate for one of those personalities. Every action we perform, every word that comes out of our mouth that is not a derivative of our core personality is a lie in a very direct way.
SO i guess who we are as people is just a assimilation of how well we can pull off the facade.
There are times wherein our decisions are affected by societal pressures or by our moral code of conduct, but then again, what are these factors but years of conditioning really.
When at the proverbial fork in the road, do we fend for ourselves, or do we give in to please someone else, which in no way would result in self satisfaction..
With me, I choose to please myself. I Choose me.
I like to think that this result from a state that Christans describe as 'no soul' or 'no conscience'.
I choose myself because eventually, everyone lets you down. everyone.
And when I look back on these years after a decade or two, when my current peers aren't around, I want to believe that I did everything possible that I could do for myself.
The only constant factor in life, I've decided is my state of being.
Everything else changes. My mindset, my friends, colleges, social networks, my likes, dislikes.
If my state of being is always going to be constant, I might as well give it the respect and credit it deserves. Because in all honestly and possibility, the one person going to be around my state of being in a decade or two, is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment