Thursday, November 11, 2010

Low Battery?

Ever has that feeling that you were running low on energy?
I woke up in the morning feeling drained, probably a result of the sleep deprivation and a sudden renewed vigor for outdoor activities, by which of course I mean wasting energy on stressful activities like sipping wine at a pub or having coffee at a café.
Waking up is taken for granted by all those who do. The very fact that you’ve awoken from a state of near comatose seems to paint a picture of high energy consumption. And once awake, well, if you ARE going to be interacting with others, you’ll probably wash up and look presentable.
With all of all the above done, I left home, laptop bag weighing me down more efficiently than any of even my sins have ever done. As I trudged along the road, I knew this wasn’t going to be a day I wanted to subject myself to the horrors of train traveling. Getting into a cab, I shut the door the behind me with a certain satisfaction, finally, the day’s looking up.
“Today’s the perfect day for music”, I’ve convinced myself, and I’ve already decided on what songs are to accompany me through my journey. My psp slowly comes to life and displays the calming background of a water lily in a midst of a small pond. Perfect I think to myself. Until the display light flashes twice and the psp dies right there in my hands. Out of juice. Probably should not have ignored its pleas for being charged the night before. Ahh well.
I switch on my laptop with the thought of using it as a really expensive music player. Sadly, I have about 15 minutes of battery life left, I resign myself to my eventually boredom and shut it off. It’s just one of those days wherein every gadget seems to team up against me, including my phone. Did I not charge you last night I ask myself! I must’ve taken it off charging to send a few messages. Damnth.
Ahh well.. The quiet isn’t so bad, when you’ve planned for it. Unplanned quiet devours you quicker than a fat man does cheese. At least I have my mind and my sanity. Not to mention the two gremlins sitting beside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment