Saturday, February 5, 2011

Everyone Hurts

There comes a time in everyone life when everybody hurts.

A time wherein you don't so much as want to even look at another persons face or even hear them cough. In Mumbai, the city where I live, this feeling is even more accentuated by the fact that it is much easier to be emotionally alone than physically. You're surrounded by people physically at every moment of the day. Packed trains to work, crowded buses, busy work places, bustling streets, houseful theaters, noisy restaurants and so on. In a place like this, how does one really get away to be alone.

The aggravation of a person is only alleviated when a certain sense creeps in that he cannot even escape from other people, how then, is he to escape from the confines of his own mind and thoughts!

We're traceable and track-able everywhere we go. Cellphones, the internet, Gps and google maps. The whole world has been neatly plotted out on proverbial paper.

Will we ever burn our maps, leave the cell phone home and just wander in a state of reckless abandon? Will we ever stray from the pavement or the often taken make-shift roads already provided? Why do we take the concretized road up a mountain or run up the wild and uncharted part where the trees grow will and mother nature resides in all her splendor!

This "Man-made" world has begun to become more than just a regular annoyance.
And while in no way am I suggesting abandoning all that science and progress has to offer, all I'm saying is, we're losing a small but essential bit of ourselves as a price to our progress.

It isn't long before I'm out on a misanthropic journey away from all things tangible. A journey that I hope will lead my to answers, mostly about myself. Answers to relatively easy questions that have been unanswered mostly to satisfy my ever growing ego.

And the day I gave up my ego, is the last day I shall post here. It shall not matter to me then what happens of you. For to learn to be selfless, I have to first be selfish.
To be free, I have to know what being imprisoned means.
and to be at peace, I have to know what it is like to be truly at war, For peace has no definition.

Peace is just a state of Zero war :)


Mental Peace is all I'll ever seek :)

No comments:

Post a Comment