Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peace - A fleeting concept

Is peace a reflection of my inner state? Is it merely a passing mood or is it a way of life.
My understanding of peace I’ve realized is only a reflection of the life I lead and my school of though.
True inner peace I’ve decided is a state of complete acceptance. In the thoughts, actions and reactions of myself and everyone I’ve ever associated with or ever will.
It is only when I’ve accepted life with all its variations and trials completely that I will ever find inner peace. Does this necessarily mean giving up all distractions of the mind and body? All the illusions or maya this physical world creates for me?
I don’t really think the answer lies in abstaining completely from all of life’s material pleasures or even emotional ties, but if you can, it will only speed up your journey to peace.
To me, acceptance is a state of being one can being work right away on. Accept people for who they are and don’t attempt to judge. Accepting your own shortcomings will only help you work on them. The first step to progress always entails first with the realization of where you truly are. It is only after this realization of where you are that you chose where to go.
Peace is most desirable, but if not true inner peace, is also fleeting.
It can just as easily be drowned in the sorrows and confusion of today’s hectic life.

And one fine day, when supreme acceptance has set in, peace shall follow.
That is the day you will realize, that you no longer fit into any moulds, don’t get along with anyone you ever knew and cannot exist anymore as the person you used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment