Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bowls of crazy? Not for me please..

It's true, I can't stand religious zealots and fanatics, I just can't. Someone about conversing with them makes me want to skewer them through the nostrils. But alas, my neighborhood, if not the world, seems full of their sorry kind.
Their conversation, not even in the minutest way akin to the nonsense but endearing ramblings of the slightly deranged, is slightly overpowering and demanding. Their tone, authoritative and egoistic and their demeanor unsettling.
Their perceptions of how the masses should think, behave and react is far from what is considered normal and is 'taught' to us and our kids to compensate for the fact that we, as humans we not suppose to have these attributes ingrained in the first place!

But even that alone wouldn't have been enough to make this fence sitter pick a side and spew venom at the 'enemies', but that's what they are!
Enemies of free will and free thought! Selling ideas of a great sky GOD being displeased with us should we choose to disregard his rules of living.
The lunatics who believe this in the first place are welcome to their bowl of nonsense, but it is when they offer me a spoonful is where I begin to have a problem with their life. Offering me a spoon of your crazy, in my head, allows me the privilege of not only disregarding your notions and practices, but taking it down with the heaviest bulldozer available. And oh, no hard feelings, its not personal!

So I urge you, ardent reader, if someone offers you a bowl of crazy, be it filled with religious juice or otherwise, you're fully entitled to your view on how it tastes! The faster we cleanse the world of extremists, the safer our minds will be from the constant subtle efforts to control it by these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment