Thursday, October 14, 2010

Destroyed by emotion.

You came in and wreaked my heart.
Unable to love again, Im now cursed to walk around these earthly realms filled with a state of emotionless agony.
Unable to feel that purest emotion, I belittle it, calling it names and pretending to misunderstand, while all the while I know exactly what describes it and desire it for myself! But alas.
I thought I was resilient. Resilient to outside philosophies and outside conditioning, I guess I was wrong. All it took was a practical thinker to submerge my feelings in a pool of water and hold it there until it stopped struggling and just lay still in your arms.
I know this is not how you expected it to be, although, there weren't all that many possible outcomes to our situation, all of them with a similar storyline and ending.
Shallow and hollowed out, it feels like all the good insides have already been consumed, the only remnants now being the empty dark rotting shell reminiscent of the life and love it used to contain.
Unable to feel it myself, I only feel a new found disdain for people who are still innocent enough to love and nonacceptance towards the love of others.
The say that time cures every wound and although I live in hope, my frail heart does not want to seem to let up for the fear of being destroyed all over again.

Even though an eternal pessimist, I'd still like to believe that good things exist out there. Although my heart's rubbed raw and most of my emotions have been long gone, I'd like to believe i've love again someday. This world's too horrible a place when realization of being alone sets in. Everyone apparently needs someone to love and maybe so do I, or so I've been told.

No comments:

Post a Comment